Secor Park provides benches, a pond, and a serene environment for nature enthusiasts to enjoy. The pond is stocked with fish and is the site of the annual Village tournament for children who are awarded prizes for their efforts. Ben Secor was a large landowner in earlier times. He donated the land for the Quaker Church on Quaker Road in 1816 and the Ladentown Methodist Church in 1865 on Ladentown Road. The street and park were named in his honor. He is buried in a local abandoned cemetery and is an ancestor of several local residents.
Contributed by Eloise Litman, Village Historian